Fire alarms for the hobbyist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burglar alarm with smoke detectors

2 posters

Go down

Burglar alarm with smoke detectors Empty Burglar alarm with smoke detectors

Post  home-owner Sun 19 Feb - 7:55:39

Hello I am on a tight budget but I would like a fire alarm, I already have a burglar alarm could I wire some smoke detectors into this and then say I have a fire alarm?

home-owner

Back to top Go down

Burglar alarm with smoke detectors Empty Re: Burglar alarm with smoke detectors

Post  AnthonyB Thu 8 Mar - 4:15:18

Some intruder alarm systems can have (compatible) smoke detectors added. Some of these are primary for property protection based on you having a monitored intruder system and the detectors do not have integral sounders leaving you to rely on the internal panic sounder and the external bells (which of course have to silence) so would not provide much life safety.

Whilst you could say you had a fire alarm, it would be wrong to say that you had a compliant alarm which is of importance if the detection is required under Building Regulations due to alteration works to the house or for a commercial use of the house (letting as an House of Multiple Occupation).

Compliant smoke alarms are as little as £4 and fire brigades sometimes supply & fit for free.

Advice is available here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

AnthonyB

Back to top Go down